Our new Activity Club opening at
Windmill Hill City Farm, Bedminster!
We are excited to announce that our new specialist Dementia Day Centre will be opening on Tuesdays from 14th February 2023 at Windmill Hill City Farm, Bedminster.
We opened our first day centres in May 2021 and have been providing an essential care service ever since. As a specialist Dementia Activity Club, we enjoy arts and crafts, music, exercise, intergenerational events and much more – especially now we have the farm to enjoy too!
What happens at our Health and Social Care Networking Lunches?
Every 3 months, Adorno hosts our popular Health and Social Care Networking Lunch. This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone working within the Health and Social Care sector to come together to share best practice and to develop ideas.
Our bext Networking Lunch is on Tuesday 28th March, 11.30 to 12.30, at our new Community Activity Club; Windmill Hill City Farm, Bedminster.
If you are interested in coming along to enjoy a free lunch and the opportunity to make connections and build relationships, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Top Tips to keep warm this winter.
With the current cold snap, here are our Top Tips to keep warm and cosy.
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick layer. Layers trap warm air close to the body, helping to insulate the heat. Cotton, wool or thermal clothes are ideal.
- A lot of heat is lost through the head and neck, so if you’re chilly indoors, try wearing a hat or scarf.
- Eat at least one hot meal a day – eating regularly helps keep you warm. Make sure you have regular hot drinks too.
- If you’re sitting down, a shawl or blanket will provide extra warmth. You should also try to keep your feet up, because air is cooler at ground level.
- Try not to sit still for more than an hour or so indoors – get up and stretch your legs.
- Stay active – even moderate exercise and stretching can help keep you warm.
- For cold feet, wear thick socks and preferably cosy slippers with a good grip too.
- Wear warm clothes in bed and wear non-slip bed socks.
- Don’t stand outside for long periods of time, as you can quickly get a chill.
- If you have a heart or respiratory problem, stay indoors during very cold weather.